Sunday 22 April 2012

Group Cycling


Or 'Spin'


I was told that the hand grips on the bikes at our differ from the original 'Spin' class. Different grips or not, it is an intensive workout where you will burn calories whether you are naturally slim or considered 'obese'. I tried this class when I weighed around 13st and I couldn't stand up on the bike to do the hill rides but I carried on cycling for the full 40 mins. That first class had definitely got me hooked but alas I didn't go back until Nov 2011.




A typical spin bike (photo credits: I googled it!)
I was determined to go back though. Firstly because gym membership costs a fortune and secondly because my significant other didn't stop nagging me about it. I knew I have wanted to shift the extra pounds for years and when I remember how many years it had been since I embarked on this journey I realised that I had spent the latter half of my 20's just trying to achieve one goal. There began my obsession with exercise. 

I began by taking the 'group cycling' class every other day of the week. It was hard, in fact very hard at first but when I saw some of the regulars and the class instructors in perfect shape I was spurred on to exceed my own limitations. Quickly I realised that I had pushed myself even further than I ever imagined. 

Now about what 'group cycling' is, that varies from instructor to instructor. The rudiments of the activity are flat ride, hill rides, interval flat and hill bursts and so on. There are many articles explaining spin scattered all over the world wide web. 

I would personally suggest trying a class near you. Its refreshing and addictive in my opinion. 

Let me know if you try a class. 

Dauphin
x

No comments:

Post a Comment